snowshoeing in Yosemite National Park
january 17 - 19
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice snowshoeing, map-reading, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Get a taste of everything Yosemite has to offer: the wildlife and vistas of the Valley floor in winter, majestic panoramas from Dewey Point, and the seriously big trees in the Tuolumne Grove.
- Work your body in all sorts of ways: we'll hike on the Valley floor, snowshoe through the park's higher elevations, and ice skate in Half Dome's shadow if the mood strikes us.
- Shrug off nighttime cold temps: snuggle down in our heated tent cabins.
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
8:30am departure from SF, introductions & snowshoe sizing/rentals, lunch on the road, and Yosemite arrival. Get your snowshoes wet with a hike to the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias followed by Crane Flat Lookout for 360 degree views of the park (5.1 miles roundtrip). Heated tent cabin check-in, dinner, and nighttime tent fun.
Leisurely breakfast, pack up, Mirror Lake + Valley Floor Trail hike, lunch, closing ceremonies, early evening return to SF pending traffic and hiking speeds.
A note on snowshoe trips
- Required apparel: waterproof shell, fleece/down jacket, long underwear, snow pants, hat, gloves, thick hiking socks, and insulated waterproof boots. Dress like you'd dress for skiing, plus boots.
- Due to the elevation gain and challenge inherent in snowshoeing, we recommend Mavens who register for this adventure be moderately fit. Not sure? Please reach out!
- Yosemite National Park admission and tent cabin accommodation (tent cabins include mattresses, bedding towels, and access to shared bathrooms and showers).
- Snowshoe rental fees.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Sunday lunch, Monday lunch, hiking snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: maps, basic First Aid from a WFR-certified guide.
- Sleeping bag and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
- Because Curry Village (land of heated tent cabins) does not allow cooking, we'll be patronizing the park's eateries for dinner on Saturday and Sunday and breakfast on Sunday and Monday. On Saturday, we'll be grabbing lunch on the road to the park. Please pack lunch or bring cash!
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from and within Yosemite. Trail Mavens will facilitate all carpools, and each passenger will contribute $50 toward their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Trip Investment: $395
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.