Camping in Yosemite National Park
August 30 - September 1
First-time Trail Maven?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Experience the best of America's first national park in one epic weekend: Tuolumne Meadows, the Yosemite Valley, and Mariposa Grove.
- Channel your inner Ansel Adams and take photos like this.
- Challenge yourself with the ultimate Yosemite day hike: 4 Mile Hike to Glacier Point to Panorama Trail to Mist Trail.
- Eat great food, drink tasty wine. Also: chocolate. All of which will promptly get burned off on our hikes.
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
9 AM departure from SF, lunch en route, campsite set-up, Olmsted Point, Tenaya Lake hike/relax session, Outdoor Office Hours, dinner, wine, s'mores, and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, drive to Yosemite Valley for the most incomparably scenic Yosemite hike (4 Mile Hike to Glacier Point to Panorama Trail to Mist Trail - we'll take in Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, Glacier Point, Yosemite Falls, Nevada Falls, Vernal Falls, and Illilouette Creek), lunch on-trail, campfire popcorn, dinner, wine, laughter, and the best bone-tired night of sleep you've had this summer.
Note: While our Saturday hike does require Mavens to be moderately fit, we'll move at relaxed pace and take plenty of rest and water stops.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, drive to Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, hike and Big Tree Tram Tour, picnic lunch, closing ceremonies, return to SF ~6 PM.
- Yosemite National Park admission, campsite, Big Tree Tram Tour fee.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Monday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
We'll eat lunch on Saturday on the road. Please bring cash for lunch (or pack a snack) to keep you sated on the drive to Yosemite from San Francisco.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from and within Yosemite. Trail Mavens will facilitate carpools, with no more than two cars/three to four passengers per car. Each passenger will contribute $50 towards gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Registration Deadline: August 20
Trip Investment: $295
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.