Yosemite National Park camping
camping and hiking
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Channel your inner Ansel Adams and take photos like this.
- Take in some of the Valley floor's most notoriously beautiful hikes: Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls via the John Muir Trail and the Mist Trail, and a relaxed hike along the Merced River, taking in Half Dome and El Capitan from below.
- Explore Tenaya Lake, arguably the most beautiful lake in Yosemite.
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- A portion of your ticket goes back to Yosemite National Park, to preserve and protect it for future generations.
10am departure from SF, snacks and lunch en route, campsite set-up, flat 5.5 mile ramble along the Merced River, Outdoor Skills Office Hours, dinner, wine, s'mores, and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, 7 mile hike (2000' elevation gain) to Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls, relaxing lunch by the Emerald Pool, campfire popcorn, dinner, wine, and laughter.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, drive to Tuolumne Meadows, flat 3 mile hike around gorgeous Tenaya Lake, picnic lunch, closing ceremonies, return to SF mid-evening pending traffic and hiking speeds.
- Yosemite National Park campsite and permit fees.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Monday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not have her own.
Not Included: Saturday lunch and personal incidentals.
+ ACCOMMODATIONS & food
You probably already knew this, but we'll be sleeping in two- or three-person tents. Plan to share your tent with 1-2 other trip participants.
We are strong believers in delicious food to fuel adventure, and take care to create healthy, tasty menus (think oatmeal and berries before a big hike, or zucchini mushroom burritos for dinner). We're happy to plan around our vegetarian and vegan Trail Mavens. Gluten-intolerant? We've got you covered! However, because planning gluten-free meals requires us to shift our plans for the entire group, we ask you note it during registration only if it presents a health issue for you, rather than an inclination.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Yosemite National Park. For trip participants coming from the Bay Area, Trail Mavens will make every effort to coordinate carpools. Each passenger will contribute to their driver to cover park entrance fees, gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
If no trip participants have a car, Trail Mavens will share contact information so you can band together and split a rental. Participants choosing to drive themselves may be subject to additional park entrance / parking fees.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area on Friday and departing no earlier than 10pm on Monday night, or Tuesday morning.
Wondering where to stay? We recommend trying an Airbnb in or near Noe Valley, the area we'll depart from.
+ cancellation policy
Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason, Trail Mavens is able to offer refunds at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 75% of trip cost refunded.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 50% of trip cost refunded.
- 4-13 days prior to trip departure: 25% of trip cost refunded.
- 1-3 days prior to trip departure: No refunds.