Hike the MOST ICONIC TRAIL in Yosemite National Park, taking in Glacier Point, Half Dome, and so much more
HANDS-ON TRAINING so you can show off your skills next time you pitch a tent (we'll make sure you look like you've been doing it since you were a kid).
ZERO STRESS around literally any planning. We handle everything from permits to bug spray, so all you have to do is soak it in.
SPACE TO DISCONNECT from the day-to-day urban living, and stop, breathe, and focus on what's happening NOW.
THE MAVEN FACTOR, a.k.a what happens when you mix dynamic, thoughtful, open-hearted women for a weekend outside.
Enough SELF-CARE to get you through any hurdle. Eat gourmet backcountry meals, work your glutes on-trail, and enjoy the brilliance of Mama Nature.
- 2pm meetup inside Yosemite National park for Opening Ceremonies
- Campsite setup, including out bombproof method of tent erection
- Relaxed 3-mile walk to Mirror Lake to cool off in the summer heat (we're saving our legs for Sunday's hike)
- Learn our foolproof 'Flaming V' fire-building technique
- Kick back in your camp chair with wine and s'mores, then crawl into your sleeping bag to catch some hard-earned Z's to prep for tomorrow
- Kick off with hearty oats and tea or a hobo mocha
- Tackle the ultimate Yosemite day hike: Mist Trail to Panorama Trail to Glacier Point to 4 Mile Trail, for a total of 15 miles
- Cook dinner, stuff our faces with food and chocolate, and relax with awesome friends and conversation
- The best bone-tired night of sleep you've had all summer
- Leisurely breakfast and final camp break-down
- Easy lap around the incomparable Tenaya Lake to stretch our legs
- Beach celebration picnic and Closing Ceremonies
- Depart Yosemite midafternoon
Guides reserve the option to modify trip itineraries as necessary due to weather, illness, injury or other unforeseen incidents.
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN? YOU GOT THIS.
Every single Trail Mavens trip starts with strangers. But don't worry - if you're nervous about not knowing anyone or not being skilled enough, every single Trail Mavens says this before they go.
To feel more confident before signing on, read our FAQs for the info you need.
+ Packing List
- Sleeping bag rated at 30° or colder
- Sleeping pad
Headlamp & fresh batteries
A sense of adventure
- Sleeping bag liner (if borrowing Trail Mavens sleeping bag)
- Personal clothing
- Sturdy, broken-in hiking shoes
- Water bottles and/or hydration bladder with a minimum 2L capacity
- Sunscreen/sun hat/sunglasses
- Health insurance card & ID
- Tampons/pads as needed
- Personal medications
- Glasses/contacts with solution
- A pen
- (Trail Mavens alumnae only): previous Field Notes
- Optional: hiking poles, small pillow, hand towel, earplugs, comfy shoes for hanging out at our campsite, camera, bandana or Buff to keep sun off your neck, small bottle hand sanitizer
Items in bold provided at no additional cost for any women who does not have her own!
+ bathrooms and hygiene
Trail Mavens follows Leave No Trace principles, and we'll be pooping into catholes in the backcountry and packing out all our toilet paper and feminine hygiene products.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area no later than Friday night and departing no earlier than 11pm Monday night, or Tuesday morning.
IS TRAIL MAVEN FOR YOU?
TRAIL MAVENS IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
... love open, honest, hilarious conversations with other women. Surface stuff is fine at home, but you know the best stuff comes out while you're sharing a Platypus full of wine under the stars.
... haven't learned how to start the fire, work the stove, or purify water. Get hands-on practice here, with other adventurous women (so you don't have to trial-and-error on your own).
... thrive on being pushed - tenderly and lovingly - outside your comfort zone, because you know that's where the magic happens.
... feel creative, inspired, and happy when you're outside (and you could definitely use a little more of that right now).
OUR ADVENTURES AREN'T FOR YOU IF YOU...
... think getting a little sweaty, dirty, and marshmallow-y sounds gross.
... don't want to experience the outdoors with a group of rad, like-minded women.
your Investment: $425, $395 before august 3
trip fee includes...
... all Yosemite National Park camping fees
... delicious meals from Friday afternoon though Sunday afternoon, trail snacks, chocolate, and wine & whiskey to sip in the moonlight
... guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation from a WFR certified guide, plus access to the collective brilliance of your group
... all the gear you need, just in case you don't have any; just bring clothes and a toothbrush
... a donation back to Yosemite National Park, to preserve and protect it for future generations
We don't want finances ever to be the thing that gets in the way of your coming on a Trail Mavens trip. With that in mind, we offer installment plans, so you can spread out trip payment over three months. Sound appealing? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get you set up.
Additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-265-5062.