HIKE THE PCT in America's first (and greatest) national park, stunning views and moments of inspiration included.
HANDS-ON TRAINING so you can show off your skills next time you pitch a tent (we'll make sure you look like you've been doing it since you were a kid).
ZERO STRESS around literally any planning. We handle everything from permits to bug spray, so all you have to do is soak it in.
SPACE TO DISCONNECT from the day-to-day urban living, and stop, breathe, and focus on what's happening NOW.
THE MAVEN FACTOR, a.k.a what happens when you mix dynamic, thoughtful, open-hearted women for a weekend outside.
Enough SELF-CARE to get you through any hurdle. Eat gourmet backcountry meals, work your glutes on-trail, and enjoy the brilliance of Mama Nature.
- 10am meetup inside Yosemite National park for Opening Ceremonies and gear packing
- Hike 6 miles along the Pacific Crest Trail a la Cheryl Strayed in 'Wild,' following the Tuolumne River
- Dip into swimming holes to cool off along the way
- Camp beside the thundering waterfalls of Glen Aulin
- Cook dinner & relax in our camp chairs with wine and whiskey
- Kick off with hearty oats and tea or a hobo mocha
- Hike 5 miles along Cathedral Creek
- Set up camp beside the jewel-like May Lake
- Summit Mt. Hoffman sans packs for wild views
- Cook dinner, stick our feet in the lake, and relax with awesome friends and conversation
- Leisurely breakfast and our final camp break-down
- Hike 4 miles to the incomparably beautiful Tenaya Lake
- Beach celebration picnic and Closing Ceremonies
- Depart Yosemite early afternoon
Guides reserve the option to modify trip itineraries as necessary due to weather, illness, injury or other unforeseen incidents.
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN? YOU GOT THIS.
Every single Trail Mavens trip starts with strangers. But don't worry - if you're nervous about not knowing anyone or not being skilled enough, every single Trail Mavens says this before they go.
To feel more confident before signing on, read our FAQs for the info you need.
+ Packing List
- Sleeping bag rated at 30° or colder
- Sleeping pad
- Headlamp & fresh batteries
- 50L+ backpack with rain cover
- Backpacking bowl/cup/utensil
- A sense of adventure
- Sleeping bag liner (if borrowing Trail Mavens sleeping bag)
- Personal clothing
- Sturdy, broken-in hiking shoes
- Water bottles and/or hydration bladder with a minimum 2L capacity
- Sunscreen/sun hat/sunglasses
- Health insurance card & ID
- Tampons/pads as needed
- Personal medications
- Glasses/contacts with solution
- A pen
- (Trail Mavens alumnae only): previous Field Notes
- Optional: hiking poles, small pillow, hand towel, earplugs, comfy shoes for hanging out at our campsite, camera, bandana or Buff to keep sun off your neck, small bottle hand sanitizer
Items in bold provided at no additional cost for any women who does not have her own!
+ bathrooms and hygiene
Trail Mavens follows Leave No Trace principles, and we'll be pooping into catholes in the backcountry and packing out all our toilet paper and feminine hygiene products.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area no later than Thursday night and departing no earlier than 11pm Sunday night, or Monday morning.
IS TRAIL MAVEN FOR YOU?
TRAIL MAVENS IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
... love open, honest, hilarious conversations with other women. Surface stuff is fine at home, but you know the best stuff comes out while you're sharing a Platypus full of wine under the stars.
... haven't learned how to start the fire, work the stove, or purify water. Get hands-on practice here, with other adventurous women (so you don't have to trial-and-error on your own).
... thrive on being pushed - tenderly and lovingly - outside your comfort zone, because you know that's where the magic happens.
... feel creative, inspired, and happy when you're outside (and you could definitely use a little more of that right now).
OUR ADVENTURES AREN'T FOR YOU IF YOU...
... think getting a little sweaty, dirty, and marshmallow-y sounds gross.
... don't want to experience the outdoors with a group of rad, like-minded women.
your Investment: $435, $415 before july 19
trip fee includes...
... all Yosemite National Park admission/campsite fees
... delicious meals from Friday afternoon though Sunday afternoon, trail snacks, chocolate, and wine & whiskey to sip in the moonlight
... guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation from a WFR certified guide, plus access to the collective brilliance of your group
... all the gear you need, just in case you don't have any; just bring clothes and a toothbrush
... a donation back to Yosemite National Park, to preserve and protect it for future generations
We don't want finances ever to be the thing that gets in the way of your coming on a Trail Mavens trip. We offer installment plans and photographer discounts.
To learn more, email email@example.com and we'll get you set up.
Additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-265-5062.