Yosemite National Park camping
camping and hiking
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Camp on the Valley floor, with easy access to Yosemite's best-known hikes.
- Channel your inner Ansel Adams and take photos like this.
- Challenge yourself with the ultimate Yosemite day hike: Mist Trail to Panorama Trail to Glacier Point to 4 Mile Trail, a total of 15 miles.
- Explore Tenaya Lake, arguably the most beautiful lake in Yosemite.
- Eat great food, drink tasty wine. Also: chocolate. All of which will promptly get burned off on our hikes.
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
7am departure from SF, snacks and lunch en route, campsite set-up, hike along the Merced River, Outdoor Skills Office Hours, dinner, wine, s'mores, and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, kick off the most incomparably scenic Yosemite hike (Mist Trail to Panorama Trail to Glacier Point to 4 Mile Trail - we'll take in Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, Glacier Point, Yosemite Falls, Nevada Falls, Vernal Falls, and Illilouette Creek) for a total of 15 miles, lunch on-trail, campfire popcorn, dinner, wine, laughter, and the best bone-tired night of sleep you've had this summer.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, drive to Tuolumne Meadows/Tenaya Lake, hangout on the beach, picnic lunch, closing ceremonies, return to SF mid-evening pending traffic and hiking speeds.
+ WHAT'S INCLUDED
- Yosemite National Park admission and campsite.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Monday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not have her own.
Not Included: Saturday lunch and personal incidentals.
+ ACCOMMODATIONS & food
You probably already knew this, but we'll be sleeping in two- or three-person tents. Plan to share your tent with 1-2 other trip participants.
We are strong believers in delicious food to fuel adventure, and take care to create healthy, tasty menus (think oatmeal and berries before a big hike, or zucchini mushroom burritos for dinner). We're happy to plan around our vegetarian and vegan Trail Mavens. Gluten-intolerant? We've got you covered! However, because planning gluten-free meals requires us to shift our plans for the entire group, we ask you note it during registration only if it presents a health issue for you, rather than an inclination.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Yosemite National Park. For trip participants coming from the Bay Area, Trail Mavens will coordinate carpools leaving from a central SF location. Each passenger will contribute $50 to their driver to cover gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Participants choosing to drive themselves may be subject to additional park entrance / parking fees.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area on Friday and departing no earlier than 10pm on Monday night, or Tuesday morning.
Wondering where to stay? We recommend trying an Airbnb in or near Noe Valley, the area we'll depart from.
+ cancellation policy
Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason, Trail Mavens is able to offer refunds at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 75% of trip cost refunded.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 50% of trip cost refunded.
- 4-13 days prior to trip departure: 25% of trip cost refunded.
- 1-3 days prior to trip departure: No refunds.