Kayak Camping in Point Reyes | April 18 - 19
- Fall asleep to the sound of the waves lapping on Marshall Beach.
- Spot cormorants, pelicans, ospreys, seals, tiger sharks, and bat rays as we cross Tomales Bay and explore the ins & outs and beaches of the interior coastline.
- Be dazzled by nighttime bioluminescence.
Hang, laugh, and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones (except for taking lovely pictures).
- Teach and learn camp set-up and break-down, open-top sea kayaking, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Sunday lunch at Cowgirl Creamery. Mount Tam Triple Creme, anyone?
8:15am departure from SF, kayak outfitting in Marshall, camp setup, beach picnic lunch, afternoon hike/kayaking exploration of neighboring beaches, outdoor skills 'office hours,' dinner, fires, s'mores, revelry, and nighttime bioluminescence kayaking.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, kayak return to Marshall. Picnic lunch and closing ceremonies at Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station. Return to SF mid-afternoon, pending traffic.
- Meals (Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast), snacks, and wine around the campfire.
- Kayak rental, PFDs, splash guard, and motorboat support between Marshall and Tomales Bay campsite.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: tents, stove, cookware, toilet paper, soap, firewood, lanterns, and basic First Aid from WFR-certified guide.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Marshall. Trail Mavens will facilitate carpools from SF. Each passenger will contribute $15 to their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Bring cash for Sunday lunch!
Trip Investment: $405
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.