Trail mavens needs one outstanding human
to set the stage for each adventure we run
Trail Mavens was created to empower women to be the fire-starters, the tent-pitchers, and the map-readers, creating opportunities for adventure, leadership, and starry-night campfire conversation in the Great Outdoors.
We believe there are far too few opportunities for women to learn outdoor skills from other inspiring women; to learn those skills in a warm, supportive setting where mistakes are just fine; and to build authentic community where everyone has to chance to teach and learn something new. Our culture thrives on learning, inclusion, campfires, conversation, wine, and marshmallows.
We're looking for an amazing candidate - maybe you? - to lead program management and customer service for our weekend adventures.
This position requires ~18 remote, flexible hours per week, plus two on-call weekends per month.
Applications accepted through Sunday, March 5.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Secure and maintain Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs), reservations, and permits for all Trail Mavens adventures
- Prepare all internal trip documentation for guides to take into the field
- Manage pre-trip logistics, documentation, and communication with trip participants and guides
- Ongoing communication with guides and co-leaders re: events and scheduling
- Manage trip inventory and web updates on trailmavens.com
- Oversee the Logistics Maven in her management of Trail Mavens gear and food
- Be on-call two weekends/month - meaning you’re near your phone and within cell range, ready to liaise with guides and emergency personnel if necessary
- Communicate with prospective Mavens, answering questions via email and phone
- Create content for the Trail Mavens blog and newsletter; make updates to drip email marketing campaigns
- Manage Trail Mavens' Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages
- Screen and 'hire' trip photographers
- Build payment plans for prospective Mavens
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Meticulous organization & project management skills (details should come easily to you)
- Polished written and oral communication skills - you should be able to balance total professionalism with warmth, honesty, and humor
- Fantastic people skills - you just seem to 'get' where people are coming from, whether they're customers or colleagues
- An eye for process improvement and the creativity and push to sleuth out solutions
- Tons of motivation and comfort working independently/from home, with the ability to self-manage and monitor time
- Comfort working within the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Previous experience as a outdoor program manager and/or guide
Because this work is primarily computer-based, it's possible the most qualified candidate will live remotely. However, we'd prefer a Bay Area candidate who can step in and assist with hands-on work as needed, meet in person with Sasha and the Logistics Maven, and be an active member of our community.
compensation & perks
- $1250 monthly stipend
- Gear discounts and access to free swag on an as-available basis
- Complimentary participation on Trail Mavens adventures, because we think it's *super* important for you to understand what we're all about [relevant for female applicants only]
- Flexible work schedule. Some things are time-sensitive (i.e. being online at 7am to score Yosemite campsite reservations), and we expect customers to receive same-day replies to messages, but outside of that, where / when you work is up to you
Benefits package not included.