Backpacking in Point Reyes | june 13 - 14
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Hike Point Reyes' Coastal Trail, arguably the most scenic route in the park.
- Play on the beach at Alamere Falls, a rare 'tidefall' - a waterfall flowing directly into the ocean (seriously: this place has higher Yelp reviews than the French Laundry)
- Relive Mariah Carey's 'Always Be My Baby' video and ropeswing your way into Bass Lake, the Bay Area's best freshwater swimming.
- Fall asleep to the sound of waves crashing on the beach just below our campsite.
- Learn and practice optimized bag packing, camp set-up and break-down, map reading, backcountry cooking, water treatment, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
Early morning departure from SF, 5.5 mile hike to Wildcat campsite via Palomarin Trailhead, camp setup and lunch. Short afternoon hike to Alamere Falls, beach games and frolicking, outdoor skills 'office hours,' sunset-watching, dinner and general revelry.
Leisurely breakfast and camp break-down, beachfront hiking to Bass Lake, swimming, picnic lunch and lounging. Return to SF via Stinson Beach, with a stop at the Lunchbox for snacks and closing ceremonies.
- Meals (Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine/whiskey around the campfire.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: backpacks, tents, stoves, camp chairs, cookware, camp plates/cups/utensils, toilet paper, soap, and basic First Aid from WFR-certified guide.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not own her own.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from SF/Palomarin. Trail Mavens will facilitate all carpools, and each passenger will contribute $10 toward their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
- Please bring cash for Sunday afternoon food in Stinson.
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.