Backpacking in Point Reyes | November 1 - 2
First-time Trail Maven?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
Party it up on Halloween night, and spend the weekend rejuvenating yourself in the epic glory of Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Learn and practice optimized bag packing, camp set-up and break-down, map reading, backcountry cooking, water treatment, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Summit Mt. Wittenberg, the highest peak in Point Reyes.
- Frolic on the beaches of Point Reyes for the afternoon.
- Sunday lunch with Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station.
8 AM departure from SF, relaxed 1.6 mile hike to Sky campsite, camp setup and lunch. Longer afternoon hike to the beach for frolicking, outdoor skills 'office hours,' dinner and revelry.
Sunrise hike (weather pending), naps, leisurely breakfast and camp break-down. Drive to Point Reyes Station for lunch at Cowgirl Creamery, followed by closing ceremonies.
- Meals (Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast), snacks, and wine around the campfire.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: tents, stoves, cookware, toilet paper, soap, lanterns, and basic First Aid from WFR-certified guide.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
In other words, if you don't own any camping gear, just bring your clothes and some cash for Sunday lunch. We'll take care of the rest.
Trip Investment: $325
Application Deadline: October 24
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.