lake tahoe camping
camping & hiking
moderate to rigorous
- Teach and learn camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles
- Kick you own butt with some glute-challenging hiking
- Scenery so beautiful that it may actually make your eyes hurt
- Hang, laugh, and learn with a posse of inspiring women
- Relax and unplug without emails or cell phones
- A portion of your ticket goes back to California State Parks, to preserve and protect them for future generations
5:30pm departure from SF, dinner on the road, campsite set-up in Tahoe, fire-building, and workweek wind-down with wine and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, eight mile hike along the shores of Lake Tahoe with picnic lunch and swimming breaks, relaxing and camp skills office hours, dinner prep, fire-building, wine, and feasting.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast part deux, camp break-down, two mile hike to a stunning waterfall and alpine lake with more opportunities for swimming, closing ceremonies, and return to SF. Exact return timing pending traffic and hiking speeds, but anticipate a dinnertime arrival.
* Guides reserve the option to modify trip itineraries as necessary due to weather, illness, injury or other unforeseen incidents.
- All Lake Tahoe state park admission/campsite fees.
- Guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine/whiskey.
- Shared items: tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not have her own.
+ Packing List
- Sleeping bag rated at 30° or colder
- Sleeping pad
- Headlamp & fresh batteries
- A sense of adventure
- Sleeping bag liner (if borrowing Trail Mavens sleeping bag)
- Personal clothing
- Day pack to carry while hiking
- Sturdy, broken-in walking shoes
- Water bottles and/or hydration bladder with a minimum 2L capacity
- Sunscreen/sun hat/sunglasses
- Health insurance card & ID
- Tampons/pads as needed
- Personal medications
- Glasses/contacts with solution
- A pen
- (Trail Mavens alumnae only): previous Field Notes
- Optional: hiking poles (esp. if you have knee issues), small pillow, hand towel, earplugs, comfy shoes for hanging out at our campsite, camera, bandana or Buff to keep sun off your neck, small bottle hand sanitizer
Items in bold provided at no additional cost for any women who does not have her own!
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area no later than Friday early afternoon and departing no earlier than 10pm Sunday night, or Monday morning.
+ Gift certificates
Want to give this trip as a gift? Trail Mavens gift certificates are available here.
+ payment plans
We don't want finances ever to be the thing that gets in the way of your coming on a Trail Mavens trip. With that in mind, we offer installment plans, so you can spread out trip payment over three months. Sound appealing? Email email@example.com and we'll get you set up.
+ cancellation policy
Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason, Trail Mavens is able to offer refunds at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 50% of trip cost refunded.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 25% of trip cost refunded.
- 0-13 days prior to trip departure: No refunds.
Trip Investment: $365 (early bird), $385 (after May 10)
Additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-265-5062.