lake tahoe camping
july 31 - august 2
camping and hiking
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Camp in D.L. Bliss State Park, nestled between the crystalline turquoise waters of Emerald Bay and Desolation Wilderness.
- Relax and swim in the hot summer sun on the shores of Lake Tahoe.
- Enjoy two of Tahoe's most iconic hikes: a rigorous summit of Mt. Tallac (which, at 10,000' offers sweeping vistas of the Lake Tahoe basin), and a lakeside meander on the Rubicon Trail (in our opinion, one of the world's most beautiful hikes).
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
5:30pm meet up and departure from SF, dinner at Whole Foods en route, campsite set up in D.L. Bliss State Park, wine and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, challenging hike to the summit of Mt. Tallac with lunch on-trail, return to D.L. Bliss to relax on the beach and swim, campfire popcorn, dinner, wine, and laughter.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, out-and-back hike along the Rubicon Trail, picnic lunch at a beach by the water and closing ceremonies. Return to SF mid-evening, precise timing pending hiking speeds and traffic.
+ WHAT'S INCLUDED
- All campsite fees and permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not have her own.
Not Included: Friday dinner and personal incidentals.
+ ACCOMMODATIONS & food
You probably already knew this, but we'll be sleeping in two- or three-person tents. Plan to share your tent with 1-2 other trip participants.
We are strong believers in delicious food to fuel adventure, and take care to create healthy, tasty menus (think oatmeal and berries before a big hike, or zucchini mushroom burritos for dinner). We're happy to plan around our vegetarian and vegan Trail Mavens. Gluten-intolerant? We've got you covered! However, because planning gluten-free meals requires us to shift our plans for the entire group, we ask you note it during registration only if it presents a health issue for you, rather than an inclination.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Lake Tahoe. For trip participants coming from the Bay Area, Trail Mavens will coordinate carpools leaving from a central SF location. Each passenger will contribute $30 to their driver to cover gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Participants choosing to drive themselves may be subject to additional park entrance / parking fees.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area on Friday morning or afternoon, and departing no earlier than 10pm Sunday night, or Monday morning.
Wondering where to stay? We recommend trying an Airbnb in or near Noe Valley, the area we'll depart from.
+ cancellation policy
Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason, Trail Mavens is able to offer refunds at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 75% of trip cost refunded.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 50% of trip cost refunded.
- 4-13 days prior to trip departure: 25% of trip cost refunded.
- 1-3 days prior to trip departure: No refunds.