Camp and surf in santa cruz | may 29 - 31
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Get your sea legs and be a landlubber in this surf-and-turf weekend.
- Hike, then relax at the Garden of Eden, Henry Cowell's famed swimming hole.
- Private surf lesson in Santa Cruz, just beyond Henry Cowell's park boundary.
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
5:45pm post-work departure from SF, dinner on the road, camp set-up in Henry Cowell, fireside wine and conversation.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, morning redwoods hike, picnic lunch, swimming hole relaxation, outdoor skills 'office hours', sunset walk, dinner, fire, s'mores, and revelry.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast part deux, camp break-down, private surf lesson with #1 rated Club Ed Surf School in Santa Cruz, picnic lunch on the beach and return to SF mid-afternoon (pending traffic).
- Henry Cowell SP/Big Basin SP admission/campsite fees.
- Private surf lesson with #1 rated Club Ed Surf School.
- Guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), hiking snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: Tents, stoves, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not own her own.
We'll grab dinner on the road on Friday at Whole Foods in Los Gatos. Please bring cash for food (or pack dinner) to keep you sated on the drive from SF to Henry Cowell.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from SF - Henry Cowell - Santa Cruz. Trail Mavens will facilitate carpools, with no more than two cars/three to four passengers per car. Each passenger will contribute $40 to their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Trip Investment: $415 (before May 9)
$425 (on/after May 9)
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.