Backpacking in Henry Coe State Park | May 24 - 25
From our recent scouting trip to the park:
First-time Trail Maven?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
Henry Coe State Park is the Bay Area's undiscovered gem. With fewer than 40,000 annual visitors (as compared to Yosemite's 4 million) it's easy to lose yourself amidst the stately California oaks and undulating grassy hills. Join us as we wave goodbye to Karl the Fog and say hello to new friends, swimming holes, and having everything we need on our backs.
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Learn and practice optimized bag packing, camp set-up, map-reading, backpack stoves/cooking, outdoor hygiene, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Easy backpack to our campsite, followed by a longer swimming hole excursion.
7 PM Friday meet up for introductions, gear assignments, and bag packing.
8 AM meet up, transportation to Henry Coe State Park, backpack to campsite, camp set-up, lunch, hiking, relaxing, dinner, conversation, and laughter.
Morning hike, breakfast, closing activities, camp break-down, pack out to cars, return to San Francisco by 2:30 PM.
- Transportation between SF (Noe Valley) and Henry Coe State Park.
- Meals (lunch, dinner, breakfast), snacks, and booze.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, toilet paper, soap, and basic First Aid.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, backpack, headlamp, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
Trip Investment: $225
Booking Deadline: May 9
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.