Camping in wine country | June 5 - 7
camp, hike & kayak
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Hike through a redwood grove that makes the trees in Muir Woods look like saplings.
- Dip in the Navarro River, or soak in the sun while skipping stones on the riverbank.
- Explore Mendocino coast's hidden caves and coves on a tandem kayak tour.
- Taste the region's finest Pinots and whites as we wine-taste our way back to San Francisco.
- Teach and learn camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
5:30pm meet up, depart SF, dinner at Whole Foods en route, camp set-up in Hendy Woods, fireside wine and conversation.
Morning kayak tour of Mendocino's sea caves, picnic lunch and hike or run along the Big River, swimming and relaxing on the Navarro River, jaunt to an organic apple farm, dinner, fires, s'mores, and revelry.
Early morning redwood hike, breakfast, camp break-down, Navarro Vineyards wine tasting, and closing ceremonies en route back to SF (with a potential stop for ice cream in Boonville). Return to SF early evening, pending traffic.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Private kayak tour (all equipment, guide, etc.) with Kayak Mendocino.
- Transportation, gas, tolls between SF and Hendy Woods State Park.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, toilet paper, soap, lanterns, basic First Aid.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from SF/the Anderson Valley. Trail Mavens will facilitate all carpools, and each passenger will contribute $20 toward their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
- Please bring cash for Friday dinner at Whole Foods, Sunday ice cream, and any wine you might want to buy!
Trip Investment: $395
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.