Camping in Hendy Woods State Park | June 5 - 7
Redwoods + wine + kayaking + swimming holes + escaping Karl the Fog. Yep, this might just be the grandmama of all weekend camping trips.
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Hike through a redwood grove that makes the trees in Muir Woods look like saplings.
- Dip in the Navarro River, or soak in the sun while skipping stones on the riverbank.
- Explore Mendocino coast's hidden caves and coves on tandem kayaks.
- Taste the region's finest Pinots and whites as we wine-taste our way back to 101 S and San Francisco.
- Teach and learn camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
6 PM Meet up, depart SF, dinner on the road, camp set-up in Hendy Woods, fireside wine and conversation.
Morning kayak tour of Mendocino's sea caves, picnic lunch/hike or run along the Big River, swimming/relaxing on the Navarro River, jaunt to an organic apple farm, dinner, fires, s'mores, and revelry.
Early morning redwood hike, breakfast, camp break-down, Navarro Vineyards wine tasting, and closing ceremonies en route back to SF (with a potential stop for ice cream in Boonville). Return to SF early evening, pending traffic.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Private kayak tour (all equipment, guide, etc.) with Kayak Mendocino.
- Transportation, gas, tolls between SF and Hendy Woods State Park.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, toilet paper, soap, lanterns, basic First Aid.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
Trip Investment: $375
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.