trail mavens needs one outstanding human
to inspire & connect as our voice online
Trail Mavens empowers women to be the fire-starters, the tent-pitchers, and the map-readers, creating opportunities for adventure, leadership, and starry-night campfire conversation in the Great Outdoors. We believe there are far too few opportunities for women to learn outdoor skills from other inspiring women; to learn those skills in a warm, supportive setting where mistakes are just fine; and to build authentic community where everyone has the chance to teach and learn something new. Our culture thrives on learning, inclusion, campfires, conversation, wine, and marshmallows.
We're looking for one amazing human - maybe you? - to be our online voice, authentically sharing the magic of Trail Mavens, the outdoors, and women's empowerment with our audience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We estimate this role will require 20 flexible hours/month.
- Create and maintain a social media strategy and editorial calendar and posting schedule
- Curate, create and post content on Trail Mavens' Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter feeds, as well as on our blog
- Engage Trail Mavens alumna and potential Mavens across social platforms
- Suggest and implement new features and programs to develop brand awareness and connection
- Interview and onboard trip photographer candidates, the ladies who'll snap the pics you'll be using to showcase the Trail Mavens experience
- Collaborate and communicate with Trail Mavens leadership on big-picture thinking
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years’ experience in social media management (marketing degree is welcome, but not required with relevant work experience)
- Comfort working in Hootsuite, Squarespace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Google Suite
- Outstanding written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of outdoor industry brands, media channels, bloggers, and influencers
- Comfort working independently/remotely with minimal supervision and the ability to collaborate
- Creative and independent thinker who can set his or her own direction
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Bonus skills: SEO, graphic design, photography
compensation & perks
- $450 monthly stipend
- A flexible work schedule and culture that values you as a whole person
- Complimentary participation on two Trail Mavens trip a year
- Access to abundant professional and personal development opportunities, with mentorship from Trail Mavens leadership
Benefits package not included.