In the event of participant cancellations, Trail Mavens cannot issue cash refunds; instead we offer vouchers to be put towards future trips.
Should you decide to cancel your trip for ANY reason, including unforeseen illness or injury, we are able to issue trip vouchers at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 50% of investment issued as a voucher.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 25% of investment issued as a voucher.
- 0-13 days prior to trip departure: No vouchers issued.
Every participant is required to acknowledge that they have read and accept our cancellation policy at the time of registration. As such, there will be no exceptions made: all participants will be held to the terms of this policy.
By Trail Mavens
In addition to altering itineraries, Trail Mavens reserves the right to cancel any trip due to insufficient registration or unforeseen circumstances (such as closures due to snowpack, landslides, etc.).
- In the event Trail Mavens decides to cancel a trip, you will receive a full cash refund of your trip investment.
- Trail Mavens is NOT responsible for any other expense incurred by participants, such as airfare or lodging, in the event of a trip cancellation.
- Trail Mavens may cancel trips up to the last day of registration, 5 days before a trip is scheduled to begin.
After a Trip
Trail Mavens does not issue refunds or vouchers after a trip has already been completed.
Why Such a Strict Policy?
We're dedicated to removing as many barriers as we can that often prevent women from getting outdoors, including financial barriers! By having a strict cancellation policy, we're able to keep our trips as low in cost as possible, by asking each individual participant to accept responsibility for a need to cancel her trip for any reason (yep, this includes all the rotten unforeseen things that might happen to us humans!). The alternative is hiking up our prices for everyone to cover any potential loss from a cancellation. That would mean our trips may become financially impractical for many women, which is quite the opposite of Trail Mavens' mission! So while our policy may seem harsh, please know that it exists in the interest of all past, current, and future Trail Mavens--including YOU!