Food Lovers Camping | September 26 - 28
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, Leave No Trace, and advanced camp cooking
- Campsite delicacies include fresh ricotta cheese, cinnamon rolls baked in oranges, creamy risotto, and Banana Pockets of Love
- Eight miles of hiking Butano's pristine trails
- Private tour and pie-making at Pie Ranch Farm; you bake (and eat!) what's in season
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
6:30 PM post-work departure from SF, dinner on the road, camp set-up in Butano State Park, fireside wine and conversation.
Blue Bottle French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, eight mile hike (Six Bridges Trail to Ano Nuevo Trail to Goat Hill Trail to Little Butano Creek Trail, plus a jaunt to the Candelabra tree), relaxing and camp skills office hours, dinner prep, wine and feasting!
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast part deux, camp break-down, tour, fruit-picking, and pie-making at Pie Ranch Farms just south of Butano State Park, closing ceremonies on Pebble Beach, and return to San Francisco at ~5:30 PM (pending traffic).
- Butano State Park admission/campsite fees.
- Private pie baking class, tour, and pie feast with Pie Ranch Farm.
- Guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: Tents, stoves, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not own her own.
We'll grab dinner on the road on Friday at Whole Foods along the way.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from SF - Big Basin - Santa Cruz. Trail Mavens will facilitate carpools, with no more than two cars/three to four passengers per car. Each passenger will contribute $25 to their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Trip Investment: $315
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.