- Fall asleep to the sound of the McWay Falls - our campsite is one of only two immediately above it
- Explore the best hiking in Big Sur, including the Ewoldsen and Bluffs Trails
- Bask in the Esalen Institute's hot springs in the middle of the night
- Hang, learn, and laugh with a posse of inspiring, go-getting women
- Teach and learn camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, Leave No Trace, and camp cooking
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones (except to take pictures)
6pm post-work departure from SF, dinner on the road, camp set-up in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, fireside wine and conversation.
Blue Bottle French-press coffee and hearty breakfast, hiking and photography along the Bluffs Trail in Andrea Molera State Park, relaxing and camp skills office hours, dinner prep, wine and feasting.
Optional: 1am - 3am excursion to the Esalen Institute's cliffside hot springs.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast part deux, camp break-down, hike and picnic lunch along the Ewoldsen Trail in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, closing ceremonies, and return to San Francisco, arriving late afternoon.
- All Big Sur state park admission/campsite fees.
- Guided, hands-on outdoor skills instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Shared items: tents, stoves, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, camp chairs, lanterns, First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not own her own.
We'll grab dinner on the road on Friday at Whole Foods along the way. Please bring a credit card!
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from SF - Big Sur. Trail Mavens will facilitate carpools. Each passenger will contribute $30 to their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
The fee for nighttime bathing at the Esalen Institute's hot springs is not included. In the winter months, the Esalen Institute does not accept advance reservations, and nighttime bathing is weather-pending, so you'll pay their $25 fee only if they're able to accommodate our group.
TRIP INVESTMENT: $375 (before april 18)
$385 (on/after april 19)
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.