Camping in Armstrong Redwoods | June 20 - 21
From our recent scouting trip to the Russian River Valley:
First-time Trail Maven?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Hike through redwoods that were around before the Magna Carta was signed.
- Take a quick dip in the Russian River, or soak in the sun while skipping stones on the riverbank.
8 AM departure from SF, challenging creekside hike with lunch by a swimming hole, camp setup and outdoor skills 'office hours,' sunset watching, dinner, fires, s'mores, and revelry.
Early morning hike, leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, hangout by the Russian River, closing ceremonies, and optional wine-tasting en route back to SF. Return to SF ~4:30 PM.
- Meals (Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch) snacks, and wine.
- Transportation, gas, and tolls between SF and Armstrong Redwoods State Park.
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, toilet paper, soap, lanterns, basic First Aid.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
Trip Investment: $225
Questionnaire Deadline: June 11
Additional questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.