RUSSIAN RIVER CAMPING
camping and hiking
easy to moderate
FIRST-TIME TRAIL MAVEN?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Learn and practice camp set-up and break-down, map-reading, fire-starting*, camp cooking, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Hike through redwoods that were around before the Magna Carta was signed.
- Take a quick dip in the Russian River, or soak in the sun while skipping stones on the riverbank.
- Hang and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- A portion of your ticket goes back to California State Parks, to preserve and protect them for future generations.
5:30pm post-work departure from SF, grab dinner en route, campsite set-up, and wind-down from the workweek.
French-press coffee and hearty breakfast before heading off on a challenging hike through the redwoods. Drop into Guerneville for a stroll and riverside relaxation/hangout, before returning to camp for outdoor skills 'office hours,' sunset watching, dinner, campfire*, s'mores, and revelry.
Leisurely breakfast, camp break-down, drive to Goat Rock Beach for beachfront walking, insane views, a picnic lunch, and closing ceremonies. Return to SF in the late afternoon pending traffic and how long we want to spend watching harbor seals and enjoying the ocean.
*pending park regulations
+ WHAT'S INCLUDED
- All campsite fees/permits.
- Guided, hands-on instruction and facilitation.
- Meals (Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine/whiskey.
- Shared items: Tents, stove, cookware, fuel, plates, utensils, and camp chairs, lanterns, basic First Aid, firewood.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and headlamp are provided at no additional cost for any woman who does not have her own.
Not Included: Friday dinner and personal incidentals.
+ ACCOMMODATIONS & food
You probably already knew this, but we'll be sleeping in two- or three-person tents. Plan to share your tent with 1-2 other trip participants.
We are strong believers in delicious food to fuel adventure, and take care to create healthy, tasty menus (think oatmeal and berries before a big hike, or zucchini mushroom burritos for dinner). We're happy to plan around our vegetarian and vegan Trail Mavens. Gluten-intolerant? We've got you covered! However, because planning gluten-free meals requires us to shift our plans for the entire group, we ask you note it during registration only if it presents a health issue for you, rather than an inclination.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Armstrong Redwoods. For trip participants coming from the Bay Area, Trail Mavens will make every effort to coordinate carpools. Each passenger will contribute to their driver to cover park entrance fees, gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
If no trip participants have a car, Trail Mavens will share contact information so you can band together and split a rental.
+ OUT OF TOWNER?
Plan to book flight arriving in the Bay Area on Friday and departing no earlier than 8pm on Sunday night, or Monday morning.
Wondering where to stay? We recommend trying an Airbnb in or near Noe Valley, the area we'll depart from.
+ cancellation policy
Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason, Trail Mavens is able to offer refunds at the following rates:
- 21+ days prior to trip departure date: 75% of trip cost refunded.
- 14-20 days prior to trip departure date: 50% of trip cost refunded.
- 4-13 days prior to trip departure: 25% of trip cost refunded.
- 1-3 days prior to trip departure: No refunds.