Backpacking on angel island
march 7 - 8
Celebrate Daylight Savings Time and the return of afternoon sunshine with a weekend of quality outdoor adventuring on the Bay's loveliest island. Ideal for beginner and brand-new backpackers alike, this trip highlights the epic beauty accessible just twenty-five minutes from the San Francisco.
First-time Trail Maven?
Make sure you read our FAQ for juicy details that are relevant to all our trips!
- Explore Angel Island after all the tourists and day-trippers have left; watch SF and the East Bay light up by night.
- Hang, laugh, and learn with a posse of inspiring women.
- Relax. Unplug. No emails, no cell phones.
- Teach and learn and optimized bag packing, camp set-up and break-down, map reading, backcountry cooking, water treatment, and Leave No Trace principles.
8:30am meet up and packing party at Sports Basement in the Presidio; carpool to Tiburon Ferry Terminal for 11am departure. Relaxed two mile hike to Ridge campsites; camp setup and lunch. Longer afternoon hike around the perimeter of the island, summit Mount Livermore, outdoor skills 'office hours,' dinner and revelry.
Sunrise hike, naps, leisurely breakfast and camp break-down. Island exploration, beach frolicking, closing ceremonies, lunch, and afternoon ferry departure to Tiburon. Mid-afternoon return to San Francisco, pending traffic.
- Meals (Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast/lunch), snacks, and wine.
- Campsite fees/permits and ferry tickets.
- Guided, hands-on instruction.
- Shared items: tents, stoves, cookware, toilet paper, soap, lanterns, and basic First Aid from WFR-certified guide.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, backpack, headlamp, camp plates/cups/utensils, and camp chairs are provided at no additional cost for any woman who can't bring her own.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to/from Sports Basement/Tiburon. Trail Mavens will facilitate all carpools, and each passenger will contribute $10 toward their driver for gas, wear, and tear (not included in trip investment).
Trip Investment: $325
Additional questions? Just email email@example.com.